Awards Sponsored by
Welcome to the South Wales Argus Sports Awards 2020
The South Wales Argus in association with Niche IFA is proud to announce the third annual Sports Awards.
We are setting out to recognise the true heroes of local sport and to create an event which will be one of the main highlights of the sporting calendar locally.
Local sport is the glue that holds our communities together, providing a foundation for health, fitness and teamwork. A place to identify sporting stars of the future. The South Wales Argus continues to provide up to the minute sports coverage both online and in print through our team of dedicated sports journalists.
The South Wales Argus are proud to recognise the outstanding contribution to sport from grass roots to professional individuals and teams and it is an honour to showcase this through the South Wales Argus Sports Awards of 2020 in a brand new format.
Managing Director of the South Wales Argus
Awards Date: Thursday 5th November 2020
A Sports Awards, like no other.
For 2020 the physical awards show has been transformed to an on-demand streaming broadcast, like never done before.
Customised to our market and held permanently on the South Wales Argus Website and YOUTUBE.
If you would like more information on the opportunities available, please contact Cathy Parsons on 07977 967777 / 01633 777126 or email@example.com
Award Categories & Their Sponsors
Awarded to the grass roots/Non League sports person over the age of 16 who exhibits the highest level of skill, performance and dedication to their sport.
Awarded to the individual who has shown significant passion, commitment and achievement at any age or level in their chosen sport and other sports. The winner will also have demonstrated a commitment to providing opportunities for disabled people to access and participate on a regular and lasting basis.
This goes to a club at the heart of their community. It must demonstrate it has excelled in the delivery of sport people in a safe, supportive and quality environment as well as achieving outstanding competitive success. The club must have achieved Club mark, an equivalent National Governing Body Accreditation, or the local clubs standard, and have effective player and coach development.
Awarded to an individual who will have demonstrated passion and commitment to becoming a coach in supporting the progression and achievement of players and mentoring and developing other coaches. Points will be given for organisational skills at county, national or international level.
These volunteers are out in all weathers ensuring pitches are match perfect, pints are poured and club houses are immaculate. They are organizing events, recruiting new members, washing kit and looking after the club’s accounts. We want to hear about the volunteer ensuring that clubs are running smoothly, safely and continuing to develop talent of the future. This category isn’t open to volunteer coaches.
Nominees for this category can be those who have provided a lifetime of service or have made a big impact in a short time. They may have been committed to one or a number of different roles within their organisation or club and in one or more sports.
Awarded to an individual under the age of 18 as of the 1st August 2019 who will have demonstrated passion and commitment to becoming a coach in supporting the progression and achievement of players.
Why not take a look at LAST YEAR’S
Keep up to date with all the sports awards news
Powered by the South Wales Argus.
- BBC star presenter Jason Mohammad to host 2020 Argus Sports Awards September 21, 2020THE South Wales Argus Sports Awards are going to be in very good hands this year with television and radio presenter Jason Mohammad at the helm for the third annual ceremony.
- ARGUS SPORTS AWARDS: Who gets your vote for Newport County AFC and Dragons player of the year titles? March 3, 2020THERE have been plenty of Newport County AFC and Dragons performances over the past 12 months to catch the eye – and now it’s time to decide who should be named each team’s player of the year as part of the South Wales Argus Sports Awards.
- PICTURE SPECIAL: The South Wales Argus Sports Awards 2019, held at Chepstow Racecourse May 23, 2019Pictures from the gala dinner at Chepstow Racecourse to announce the winners of the South Wales Argus Sports Awards 2019.
- Newport County AFC's Padraig Amond crowned South Wales Argus Sports Personality of the Year May 22, 2019NEWPORT County AFC striker Padraig Amond was the big winner at last night’s South Wales Argus Sports Awards, claiming a hat-trick of prizes including the Sports Personality of the Year crown.
- How the South Wales Argus Sports Awards 2019 unfolded May 22, 2019It's the second South Wales Argus Sports Awards from Chepstow Racecourse.