Awards Sponsored by
Welcome to the South Wales Argus Sports Awards 2020
The South Wales Argus in association with Niche IFA is proud to announce the third annual Sports Awards.
We are setting out to recognise the true heroes of local sport and to create an event which will be one of the main highlights of the sporting calendar locally.
Local sport is the glue that holds our communities together, providing a foundation for health, fitness and teamwork. A place to identify sporting stars of the future. The South Wales Argus continues to provide up to the minute sports coverage both online and in print through our team of dedicated sports journalists.
The South Wales Argus are proud to recognise the outstanding contribution to sport from grass roots to professional individuals and teams and it is an honour to showcase this through the South Wales Argus Sports Awards of 2020 in a brand new format.
Managing Director of the South Wales Argus
Why not take a look at THIS YEAR’S VIRTUAL AWARDS
If you would like more information on the 2021 sponsorship opportunities available, please contact Catherine Parsons on 07977 967777 / 01633 777126 or email@example.com
Award Categories & Their Sponsors
Awarded to the grass roots/Non League sports person over the age of 16 who exhibits the highest level of skill, performance and dedication to their sport.
Awarded to the individual who has shown significant passion, commitment and achievement at any age or level in their chosen sport and other sports. The winner will also have demonstrated a commitment to providing opportunities for disabled people to access and participate on a regular and lasting basis.
This goes to a club at the heart of their community. It must demonstrate it has excelled in the delivery of sport people in a safe, supportive and quality environment as well as achieving outstanding competitive success. The club must have achieved Club mark, an equivalent National Governing Body Accreditation, or the local clubs standard, and have effective player and coach development.
Awarded to an individual who will have demonstrated passion and commitment to becoming a coach in supporting the progression and achievement of players and mentoring and developing other coaches. Points will be given for organisational skills at county, national or international level.
These volunteers are out in all weathers ensuring pitches are match perfect, pints are poured and club houses are immaculate. They are organizing events, recruiting new members, washing kit and looking after the club’s accounts. We want to hear about the volunteer ensuring that clubs are running smoothly, safely and continuing to develop talent of the future. This category isn’t open to volunteer coaches.
Nominees for this category can be those who have provided a lifetime of service or have made a big impact in a short time. They may have been committed to one or a number of different roles within their organisation or club and in one or more sports.
Awarded to an individual under the age of 18 as of the 1st August 2019 who will have demonstrated passion and commitment to becoming a coach in supporting the progression and achievement of players.
Keep up to date with all the sports awards news
Powered by the South Wales Argus.
- Region's finest ready to be crowned in South Wales Argus Sports Awards November 5, 2020BONFIRE Night may feel a bit subdued this year with everyone on lockdown, but you can rest assured there will be plenty to raise spirits during the South Wales Argus Sports Awards.
- Boxing coach Simon Weaver proud of his club Torfaen Warriors ABC October 18, 2020IT’S not difficult to see why 2020 South Wales Argus Sports Awards finalist Simon Weaver is so proud of the boxing club he has dedicated so much time to over the last 27 years.
- How to get the most of the 2020 South Wales Argus Sports Awards October 12, 2020THERE will be a very different look to this year’s South Wales Argus Sports Awards when the winners are revealed next month – but it’s still set to be an event to remember.
- South Wales Argus 2020 Sports Awards finalists announced October 4, 2020UFC star Jack Shore, darts champion Gerwyn Price and Great Britain hockey international Jacob Draper will go up against each other at next month’s South Wales Argus Sports Awards.
- Niche to sponsor 2020 Argus sports awards September 28, 2020THE South Wales Argus Sports Awards have been boosted by the news that Newport-based independent financial advisers Niche are the 2020 event’s headline sponsor.