"Community is at the heart of everything "
Thank you to all our sponsors
DUE TO UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES THIS AWARDS HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR 2024
We are delighted to announce the South London Community Star & Care Awards
The South London Community Star & Care Awards Awards are here to show recognition to all our hero’s that have become pillars of the community over the last 12 months. Newsquest wish to honour those who have sacrificed their time and effort to ensure their family, friends, neighbours and more have the best possible life.
Nominations are welcomed from the general public, business and private organisations as well as family and friends, we welcome you all to get involved!.
The judging panel will be made up of business experts from across the local area who will have the prestigious task of selecting the winners of their category and presenting the award at the black tie gala event.
Please note: all nominations are accepted in good faith, and on the basis that both the nominee and the person making the nomination consents to the publication by the awards organiser of all information provided in print, online and social media.
We welcome you all to get involved!
Managing Director of Newsquest Essex & North London
Why not take a lOOK AT LAST YEAR’S VIRTUAL AWARDS
Sponsorship Packages Available
Raise your profile by sponsoring our awards in 2022
Events manager / south east
If you would like more information on the opportunities available, please contact myself on 01376 334351 or firstname.lastname@example.org
AWARD Categories & SPONSORS
AWARDS ENTRY ARE NOW OPEN VIA THE LINK BELOW
Best Teacher Award
This award will recognise a teacher or lecturer who inspires and engages with students to fulfil their potential and makes an exceptional contribution to the life of the school, college or university.
Local Hero Award
This award will be given for an overwhelming commitment to a worthy cause, a heroic act which showcased a persons selflessness and bravery or someone who regularly goes the extra mile, thinking of only others.
Good Nurse Award
We are looking for a health care professional who demonstrates an innovative and caring approach to their work. This person must demonstrate outstanding levels of commitment to their patients care and to put the patient at the heart of all they do. Entrants can be from any health care profession, and can work anywhere from community surgeries to surgical theatres.
In-Home Help Award
This award celebrates the contribution that a single person or team can provide for their in-home help users. By just being there daily or helping someone to live an independent safe and fulfilled life.
Charity / Fundraiser Award
This award will be used to celebrate the hard work completed for an individual, team or company who have donated their time or money making a real difference to the community.
Foster Carer Award
This award celebrates outstanding achievements in fostering and recognises those who make exceptional contributions to foster care every day.
Volunteer of the Year Award
This award is to showcase someone special who has just taken each day as it comes and made life easier for a certain person, family or resident during the last 12 months within such unprecedented times.
Mental Health Award
This award is open to a department or individual carer / nurse / doctor who specialise in the care and treatment of Mental Health. Good mental health is now recognised as a vital component to good overall health..
Care Employer Award
This award goes to the care employer who can demonstrate strong commitment to employees without diminishing the care they provide. The Winner will have a strong and loyal workforce, who feel valued and recognised for the contributions they make.
Young Community Star of the Year Award
This award is for a person under the age of 18 who has helped do something amazing within the community, helping others or simply being the driving force to make change.
Community Star of the Year Award
This award is for an adult who has done something amazing, be it pulling a community together, helping people in need or being the driving force for change.
KEEP UP TO DATE WITH ALL CURRENT HEADLINES
POWERED BY THE NEWS SHOPPER
- Dogs sniff out dangerous Japanese Knotweed on M25 November 30, 2023Three highly trained sniffer dogs have sniffed out Japanese Knotweed along the M25.
- Interview of Patrick Mouratoglou, THE tennis coach November 30, 2023Interview of Patrick Mouratoglou, the former coach of Serena Williams, creator of the Mouratoglou academy, UTS, Mouratoglou Apparel and many others
- Young Reporter- Advancing AI helping us with diseases November 30, 2023Alzheimer’s disease is a progressive brain disorder that affects memory, thinking, and behaviour. It is the most common cause of dementia, accounting for 60 to 80 percent of all cases1. According to the World Health Organization, around 50 million people worldwide have dementia, and this number is projected to reach 152 million by 20502. Alzheimer’s […]
- South east London man who made £57k selling guns and drugs is jailed November 30, 2023A man who made £57,000 selling guns and drugs has been jailed for 14 years.
- Hit and run Mercedes driver banned after Lewisham crash November 30, 2023A Mercedes driver has been disqualified after they failed to stop at the scene of a crash.